Places of interest and touristic highlights
The Tyrol is not only the land of the mountains with plenty of sports facilities but also a centre for culture and the arts.
- Innsbruck – Tyrol’s capital - www.innsbruck.at
- Alpine Zoo with all the animals of the Alps (35km) - www.alpenzoo.at
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens created by renowned Austrian artist Andre Heller (60km) - kristallwelten.swarovski.com
- Seefeld, feature indoor pool complex at approx. 10 km from Scharnitz
- Scharnitz – Innsbruck by Karwendel (Mittenwald) train, approx. 50 mins journey time
- Porta Claudia Fortress – to the north of Scharnitz
.... and much more!
Capital Innsbruck with the Golden Roof and view on the Nordkette mountain-range